We have developed these policies to ensure a fun, safe environment of dance at Sole.
Dance is a physical activity that requires proper training and understanding. Often times it is necessary for the instructor to use a “hands on” approach in demonstrating movement and stretching. Open communication between the student and instructor is key to ensure correct stretching and injury prevention.
- No talking while someone else is talking.
- Be respectful to your teacher and your friends.
- Pay attention to the teacher so you don't miss something important.
- Be as quiet as a butterfly.
- Stay focused.
- Remember why you dance.
- No drinks in class room besides bottled water.
- No chewing gum in dance room.
- Child's apparel must adhere to the dress code (see dress code for your child).
Dance attire is lenient so long as your daughter can move and stretch properly.
NO BLUE JEANS.
However, I strongly encourage proper dance wear. If I happen to see a problem I'll correct it.
Hair needs to be secured and out of face.
Correct ballet shoes are REQUIRED for class. Shoes need to be BALLET shoes, and they
can be either leather or canvas material (the color can be black or pink -- I recommend pink). Laces must
be tied and tucked inside the ballet shoe.
They can be purchased from a local dance store... OR you can check out some of these online dance stores:
Our goal is to begin selling dance apparel at Sole very soon!
All tuition is due on or before the 1st of the month. Tuition received after the 10th of the month will result in a $10 late fee.
- There will be no registration fees for classes.
- No refunds or prorations will be made for missed, dropped, or cancelled classes (due to weather, illness, etc.)
- If you choose to drop a class, only tuition paid through future months will be subject to refund.
- Returned checks will result in a $30 fee.
Monthly: $42 (due 1st day of every month)
Monthly: $82 (due 1st day of every month)
- Currently we only accept cash or check payments.
- Please make checks out to Leslie Hayes.
- Do NOT send checks in student's dance bags.
- Cash payments must be received in an envelope labeled with student's name, date of payment, and name of person who sent payment.
- Your total cost for recital is $100. You're welcome to pay in full at any time before October.
- A $50 non-refundable costume deposit (half of the recital cost) is due by the 2nd week of October.
- The remaining balance of $50 toward your recital cost will be due by the 2nd week in February.
- If we do not receive your costume deposit on time, your child's costume will not be included in our initial order.
- If you decide to order a costume after the 2nd week of October, we must charge an additional $20 fee for rush shipping and handling. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee the costume will arrive on time for picture day.
- In order to participate in the recital, your account balance must be $0.
- Spring Recital Costume
- Recital Makeup
- Recital Hair Piece (if required for class)
- Prop (if required for class)
- Printed Material
- Set Design
- Tickets (2)
Every spring we have a “picture week” designed specifically to capture the memory of your child's character for recital. The pictures taken during this week will be available for sale as a picture package during the spring dance semester. Even if you are not purchasing a picture package, your child is still required to be present during “picture week” so that they can be in their class' group photo.
- You will be given an order form sometime before pictures are taken. This form and full payment must be turned in prior to your child's picture day for their individual pictures to be taken.
- No parents will be allowed in the room where pictures are taken. However, you are welcome to observe through our waiting room window.
- The dates for “picture week” will be posted on the calendar.
- Specific information regarding “picture week” will be emailed and sent home as a handout. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Under certain weather conditions the studio will be closed and no refunds will be given. If city schools close due to severe weather, classes will be cancelled. An email will be sent to communicate all studio closings.
When in doubt contact us.